My Thoughts

my thoughts on art, and on life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

I'm an artist, recently moved from B.C. Canada to Sonoma County, California. My art revolves mainly around photography/modeling, sculpting, writing, drawing, and making weird, witchy dolls

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Just a Tired Little Post

Some exciting things are happening with my brochure creating business lately. I won't say too much more, because I don't want to jinx it. I'm tempted to say more, but I'd better not. Maybe next week.

Anyway, there have been some changes (again) in my life. I'm getting a little bit tired of changes. More stability would be very nice. I'm tired of getting excited about something, and then it fizzles out. I'm becoming a bit of a pessimist I think. I'm trying to learn to not get too excited about my successes, because I've noticed that they often turn to dust no matter how much effort I put into them. So I've had another disappointment, and have returned to something I had hoped I'd seen the last of. I guess I'm talking in riddles, but I don't feel like elaborating right now.

Oh well, that's life. And it's not all negative - my brochure business is the one nice, big, positive thing that has put a smile on my face these days. (but for now I'm trying to keep my smile hidden behind my hand)

I went kayacking for the first time in my life, the other week. We kayacked in the ocean. I took to it very quickly. I used my feet to push little peddle-like things connected by rope to the rudder. I had to use the rudder quite a bit, to correct against the current. It was really beautiful out on the ocean with the sailboats and a few giant ocean liners, and the late afternoon sun glinting off of Vancouver's skyscrapers all along the horizon. I'm told there are harbour seals around that area, and sometimes they come quite near they kayaks. Unfortunately we didn't see any. Maybe next time.

A couple of weeks ago I went to a ballet with my sister's family, to watch my little six year old niece who is in ballet class. It was truly beautiful. The dancers were all ages - from little tiny ballerina's to older teenagers. Although the theatre was very dark, and we were not allowed to use flash, I took over 200 photographs. I'm very happy with the results. I've posted some of them above.

Well I'm tired. I walked for miles today - 1 1/2 hours one way, 1 1/2 hours back. My muscles are sore. I'm off to bed. Goodnight.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

Congrats on the brochure business - that sounds so exciting, and right up your (artistic) alley! If you can (eventually) make that your full time thing, that would be awesome! (plus as a friend of mine who works from home said, if you work from home your overhead is minimal, and you can find ways to deduct almost everything - if Canada tax law is like the US, that is.)
Sorry about the disappointing change, though.
And those pics are stunning!

9:31 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home