My Thoughts

my thoughts on art, and on life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

I'm an artist, recently moved from B.C. Canada to Sonoma County, California. My art revolves mainly around photography/modeling, sculpting, writing, drawing, and making weird, witchy dolls

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Good News

Well ... I was wrong! I've been hired to work at Taylor Office Supplies afterall. I couldn't be more relieved. The lady who interviewed me on tuesday phoned today. She had told me after the interview, that if she didn't phone on wednesday, it meant I hadn't been hired. When I didn't get the call yesterday, I assumed the worst. Turns out, a bunch of people applied late, and so she wanted to take an extra day to go over them for consideration along with the original eight applicants (including me) she had already chosen to interview. Even with all those added competitors - she chose me! I start on monday.

Wow, I have a job! And it's not McDonalds!

During the interview on tuesday, she asked me to tell her of something in my personal life that I'd overcome, and learned lessons from recently. I told her I recently ended a longterm, abusive relationship and am rebuilding my life. I had a few reservations in telling her this - I thought she might think me a bit flaky for having been involved in a crappy relationship, but it turned out it was the perfect thing to say. She told me she'd been through the same thing! It turned out to be a big point in common between us. We actually had a little conversation around the experience of rebuilding one's life, and learning how to be a strong individual. I wouldn't be surprised if this conversation is what pushed me in front of all the other applicants. I suppose the other hopefuls would find this unfair, and I suppose it is, kindof, but still ... I have a job!

So that's one of my main concerns taken care of. Onward and upward!

2 Comments:

Blogger ~Tim said...

Onward and upward indeed. Congrats!

8:09 p.m.  
Blogger Ann said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

5:55 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home